and more handmade products
years of skilled crafts
woman behind it all
Handcrafts have been there with me my whole life, ever since I was a little child. Each year of my childhood is filled with memories of me building cute wooden boats or nests for birds. I would keep a crafts box full of all kinds of materials that would later become staples in my day to day life.
Kuusade came to be in 2006 as a hobby and later on in 2010 I would find polymer mass that I fell in love with at first sight.
In 2011 I graduated from the crafts and arts school of Tyrvää as a goldsmith artisan, followed by the studies of milliner in 2014 from Vocational School Tavastia.
In 2018 Kuusade was registered as a business, and therefore I finally became an official sole trader; something which I’ve always dreamed about.
I’m a lover of handcrafts and continue to challenge myself with new ideas. Challenging crafts both inspire and calm me. I find it therapeutic putting your mind into small details, being able to create something lifelike in a miniature size.
I accept commissions occasionally, so feel free to contact me if you have something in mind you’d want to make into reality! Let’s create a unique item together!
Small tidbits about me
- My name is Jenna.
- I have some nicknames, such as bear and 02.
- My hobbies include planners, reading and video games.
- I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but I love tea!
- I live with my goldsmith/3D-modeller husband and our two cats in a lovely apartment in Tampere.
- I recently moved my workspace into the living room, which has allowed me to grow my business even more! Cats allowed in only with permission 😉
- Let all flowers bloom; I’m a lover of equality.
- There is no such thing as dumb questions; only people who make dumb things because they didn’t ask!